Healthcare online marketing trends are evolving, and it’s vital to keep up. Many patients use their phones to find a doctor, and Google has started focusing on local SEO and mobile-friendly sites. As a result, medical organizations need to rethink their digital ads and adapt to this new environment. In addition, healthcare organizations must consider how their marketing mix strategy affects patient satisfaction.
Healthcare marketing is an ever-changing industry. The old volume-based model has been replaced by value-based care, and consumers are increasingly knowledgeable about their health. In addition to creating a strong online presence, healthcare providers must keep track of patient reviews. By incorporating patient education and customer service, healthcare marketing services can help healthcare organizations deliver value-based care.
Read along to learn more about 2023 healthcare marketing statistics:
1. Google reports that 5% of all searches are on health. People worldwide rely on Google to identify providers and get answers to health-related queries. (Source: https://blog.google/products/search/health-info-knowledge-graph/)
2. Compared to non-search, search brings three times more traffic to hospital websites. An online search is the most popular method for patients to find healthcare providers. (Source: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/marketing-strategies/search/the-digital-journey-to-wellness-hospital-selection/)
3. Patients who scheduled medical appointments performed three times as many searches as those who did not. When choosing a healthcare provider, people frequently compare several options. (Source: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/marketing-strategies/search/the-digital-journey-to-wellness-hospital-selection/)
4. In the US, it is anticipated that healthcare digital marketing ad spending will rise by 10% in 2023. According to experts, this tendency is expected to last several years. (Source: https://www.insiderintelligence.com/chart/249891/us-digital-ad-spending-growth-by-industry-2019-2023-change)
5. Online reviews are used by 94% of patients to assess healthcare services. A simple first step for potential patients to acquire a sense of your practice is to read reviews. (Source: https://www.softwareadvice.com/resources/how-patients-use-online-reviews/)
6. More consumers (84%) trust online reviews than personal suggestions. Developing new patients requires a solid review management system. (Source: https://www.inc.com/craig-bloem/84-percent-of-people-trust-online-reviews-as-much-.html)
7. Prospective patients can quickly form opinions about your practice based on 1-6 online reviews. A single negative review may turn off numerous potential patients. (Source: https://www.revlocal.com/blog/review-and-reputation-management/2018-review-marketing-statistics-infographic)
8. Online appointments are made for 2.4% of medical appointments. Many patients are hesitant to fill out an online form with their personal medical information or the purpose of their appointment. (Source: https://newsroom.accenture.com/industries/health-public-service/two-in-three-patients-will-book-medical-appointments-online-in-five-years-accenture-predicts.htm)
9. 76% of patients called while seeking medical attention. This is a 9% increase from last year, and the trend is expected to continue. (Source: https://experience.invoca.com/2022-invoca-buyer-experience-report/p/3)
10. More so than with any other channel, patients demand higher degrees of customization when calling. To turn callers into patients, the call experience must be personalized. (Source: https://experience.invoca.com/2022-invoca-buyer-experience-report/p/2)
Below discussed are some of the Healthcare Marketing Trends for 2023 that every healthcare marketer must follow during their healthcare online marketing journey:
Healthcare marketers are evolving their customer journey strategy to connect with a more personalized audience. Personalization helps marketers reach a greater number of patients and healthcare professionals. In addition to improving the user experience, this strategy can help organizations maintain consistency. In addition to enhancing the customer journey, it can increase revenue. Get in touch with one of our healthcare marketing experts to know more.
1. Internet Overtook Television
The internet has overtaken television and other traditional media as the most popular medium for healthcare online marketing, accounting for 46% of all healthcare advertising expenses. In addition to increasing usage, more media agencies are flocking to the internet for marketing campaigns. Keeping up to date with current trends and developments will allow organizations to better connect with consumers across all channels and focus on data-driven marketing.
2. Online Appointments
There are numerous healthcare marketing trends for 2023, including a growing use of online booking for appointments. This software has the added advantage of increasing new appointment volume, which is crucial for increasing revenue. For example, a recent study found that 67% of patients prefer to make appointments online, and businesses that use this service can increase revenue by 120%.
3. Impact of Twitter
Twitter is a particularly useful resource for tracking and predicting disease outbreaks. Tweets can be analyzed through natural-language processing techniques and keyword searches. Additionally, most tweets are geotagged, allowing researchers to build spatiotemporal models of human movement. Moreover, users of Twitter are all over the world, from newborns to seniors. This makes it possible to identify the exact location of a disease outbreak by its tweets.
4. Social Media Platforms
Researchers are now studying how social media monitors public health events, including health emergencies. Twitter is already a valuable source of real-time health data, and research is ongoing on Instagram and Facebook. Researchers have found a strong correlation between users’ behavior and the health condition that they’re experiencing. With the help of the right healthcare digital marketing strategies, these data could be used to inform public health and safety norms.
5. Personalized Medicines Are Expected To Rule the Industry
Personalized medicine is a new way of treating patients. It relies on their genetic makeup to develop drugs and treatments based on their unique needs. This field has gained attention in recent years and is expected to grow rapidly over the next decade. Personalized medicine has many benefits, such as better drug effectiveness and reduced side effects. Contact us right now! Get the best healthcare marketing strategy for your medical practice from us.
6. Negative Reviews Affect Consumer Behavior
Negative reviews influence consumer behavior in a variety of ways. The impact of negative reviews on healthcare online marketing cannot be ignored, and healthcare businesses should use them to their advantage. Instead of ignoring them, they should treat them as a learning opportunity. While many healthcare businesses shy away from investing in healthcare marketing strategy to tackle such reviews, they should consider the power of negative reviews to change how their patients feel.
7. Personalized Healthcare Solutions
The ability to personalize the healthcare experience helps to build long-term relationships with patients. A simple way to do this is to provide personalized content to patients and clients. This makes it easier for them to understand your brand’s offerings and create loyalty. While direct mail drip campaigns may be the simplest way to personalize messages, marketers can connect CRMs to triggers and send personalized letters or postcards.
8. Healthcare Chatbots
Healthcare chatbot interactions will exceed 2.8 billion a year. In addition to reducing the time it takes to answer consumer questions, these chatbots also help healthcare marketers understand customer needs and direct them to the right place. They can save up to $0.70 per interaction with consumers. If you need clarification on chatbots and their effective use for your website, get in touch with us for the most appropriate healthcare marketing services for your medical practice.
9. Growth in Genetic Research
As healthcare costs continue to fall, more genetic testing is becoming accessible. This allows researchers to collect greater volumes of data from more diverse patient groups. They can then use this data to identify patterns and genetic variations associated with specific treatments and outcomes. These findings may ultimately serve as the basis for future clinical guidelines, best practices, and advanced clinical decision support systems.
Personalized medicine is a growing industry with a potential market of $796.8 billion by 2028. Negative reviews influence consumer behavior. While consumers are influenced by what they read, and 60% of visitors will click away from a healthcare website if it doesn’t deliver enough information, email remains a viable channel in healthcare digital marketing with an average return on investment of 36 cents per dollar spent.
High patient engagement levels also establish you as an expert in your field and earn the trust of your prospective patients. You can also boost the ranking of your website by using the best healthcare marketing solutions. When done correctly, it can boost your website’s rankings in search results and bring new patients to your medical practice. However, good results will take time, and you’ll have to work and be patient to see the results.
Max Effect Marketing is a leading healthcare digital marketing agency to provide some of the best-in-class healthcare marketing services and solutions. Contact us right now! Reach out to us to learn more about healthcare marketing.